Galaxy devices will offer a more visually appealing interface with new features that enable greater creativity and personalization for a more convenient experience overall with One UI 5.1. It was recently unveiled with the Galaxy S23 series at Galaxy Unpacked 2023.3 With One UI 5.1, Galaxy devices will deliver a more visually appealing interface with new features that enable greater creativity and personalization for a more convenient experience overall.
According to Janghyun Yoon, EVP and Senior Executive, Software Office, “One UI 5.1 is the up-to-date example of Samsung’s commitment to providing Galaxy users with the latest innovations as soon as possible.” Within a few short weeks of the Galaxy S23 series announcement, we have collaborated closely with our service providers and carrier partners to bring One UI 5.1 to current Galaxy smartphones and tablets worldwide.
Better Gallery and a Camera of Professional Quality
One UI 5.1 builds on the upgraded camera features that were recently announced for the Galaxy S23 series. With the introduction of Expert RAW4 features that are now directly integrated into the Galaxy Camera app, Galaxy users now have more options for producing photographs of a high standard. When taking a picture, simply select More to get high-quality images in their raw format.
Even in backlit scenes, enhanced AI-based Photo Remaster automatically enhances deteriorated image details by enhancing brightness, fine-tuning image details, and making color corrections. For a picture-perfect image, it also gets rid of shadows and reflections that aren’t needed 5.
Additionally, new enhancements to the app’s navigation make it easier than ever to locate photos within the Gallery app and create shared family albums.6 To search for additional images, simply tap a person’s face in a photo, and the Gallery app will look for faces of loved ones to recommend for family albums.
An Individualized Mobile Experience for Every User
- By customizing various aspects of the user interface, Samsung has long been focused on providing Galaxy users with greater control over their devices. One UI 5.1 introduces several exciting new features that let users customize virtually every aspect of their mobile experience, including appearance, communications, actions, and more.
- Samsung introduced new features that can recognize how devices are used and offer suggestions based on that information.
- The new dynamic weather widget, for instance, looks at the conditions right now and makes a unique design that reflects the weather.
- Custom wallpapers, ringtones, touch sensitivity, and fonts are now available in Modes and Routines, allowing users to personalize particular activities for even greater convenience.
- The Smart suggestions widget 7 in One UI 5.1 now can recommend Spotify 8 tracks and playlists based on the activities of users, such as music for relaxing on long drives or road trips.
Greater interconnectivity throughout the ecosystem of the galaxy
In addition, Samsung has introduced features that support this mission and developed One UI to increase connectivity and integration throughout the mobile ecosystem. Expanded Multi Control between the Galaxy Book and smartphones enables users to enjoy a connected ecosystem across their mobile and PC 9.
This enables users to share the mouse, keyboard, or trackpad of their Galaxy Book not only with their Galaxy tablet but now also with select Galaxy phones, allowing them to copy and paste text and drag and drop images seamlessly as if they were on the same device.
In addition, Link to Windows enables users to seamlessly continue browsing the same pages on their PC10 using Samsung Internet on their mobile devices. These pages can also be accessed from different devices, making daily life much simpler.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 series, Z Fold4, Z Flip4, S21 series2, and S20 series are the first to receive the One UI 5.1 software update.3 Additional Galaxy devices, such as the Galaxy Z Fold3 and Z Flip3, will receive updates in the coming weeks.