Have you ever imagined that it could be so easy and convenient to control your Google Home-compatible devices with the watch on your wrist…? Well, this will not be a big deal if you have Samsung Galaxy Watch and Google Assistant. Samsung Galaxy watches are capable enough of providing and controlling almost everything that you must desire.
I am sure you are curious to know how you can control a cohesive smart home system with a few simple taps. One thing is to need to remark here, Google really did a great job when making Google Home is so so compatible with various smart devices across a wide range of brands, including those within Samsung’s own SmartThings ecosystem.
So let’s not consume anymore a second and start how to set up and control these devices on your Samsung Galaxy watch with Google Home under the next heading.
- Install Google Home on your smartphone and smartwatch devices. Sign in with your Google account credentials on both devices.
- Make sure you allow the Location and Nearby Device access permissions on your smartphone.
- Choose the device(s) you wish to add to your home setup by tapping the Plus (+) sign to add a new device to your smartphone.a. Alternatively, you can tap Works with Google to add a connected smart home service such as Samsung SmartThings.
- Once done, you can assign it to a room of your choice. The device will now be added to your smartwatch.
How to Use Google Assistant to Control Your Smart Home Devices
Since the watch comes to you with Bixby enabled, if you want to use Google Assistant, there’s a need to download and install the app. For example, if you have Google Assistant installed, scroll down, tap on My Apps, and then tap on Assistant. Also, there’s a need to download and install the app. While, in order to set it for the first time, follow the steps:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap in the search box and type in Google Assistant.
- You’ll see Google Assistant at the top; tap to install it.
Soon after you are done with the installation it would a just a voice play and everything get in your control, with Google Assistant. Google Assistant you can control smart home devices with quick voice commands, making it an even more convenient way to manage your home. Do keep in mind that Google Assistant will need to be installed on your smartwatch as well as your smartphone.
Ensure that you have Bluetooth functionality enabled across all of your devices. We’ll be showing you how to connect an Android TV device for this guide. To connect a smart home device, follow these steps: